Tuesday, August 24, 2010

In Which a Chilhood Dream is Finally Realized

As many of you are already aware, I am a fan of the Star Trek franchise. I have been ever since the 5th grade when I met 2 friends who happened to be Trekkies. They'd bring their TNG action figures to school and the Micro Machine ships, and various books and magaizines on star Trek and the different cultures and technologies. I soon looked in the TV listings and found TNG on weeknights at 6 and 9pm on channel 21 , so I began watching it everynight. It captured my imagination like nothing had before or since. I began collecting action figures and starships, and later when my family got a VCR, VHS tapes of the classic films , and a handfull of episodes. I wanted every episode and film on video, but with them being $15 + each and me only earning $5.00 a week in allowance it didn't seem very likely.



Later as time passed and technology changed and upgraded, we got a DVD player and i bought all the films on DVD, then it was announced they would be releasing the TNG season boxed sets, with a price tag of $100 per season. Much too steep for my blood.



This year I began working again and having some disposable income coming in, I set a goal for myself , to collect all the DVD boxed seasons of all of the Star Treks .



First , found Star Trek: The Animated Series at Wal-Mart for $15.00 , so I snapped it up quickly. Then on the Trektoy.com forum , a member was selling off the seasons of TNG for $30 a pop, so I waited till I got paid and bought them all . He also had all seven seasons of DS9 so i bought those as well.



He had a few seasons of Voyager so i bought those too, which was the last of his trek DVDs.



I then turned my attention to ebay and amazon keeping my eyes peeled for good deals to fill in the missing seasons of Voyager which I was able to do in a few months.



Then I turned my focus to the 4 seasons of Enterprise, Then to TOS . With the two seasons which just arrived , and all my other seasons and films, I now own all of Star Trek ever put on film .



Star Trek: The Original Series Remastered (seasons 1-3)

Star Trek: The Animated Series

Star Trek: The Next Generation (seasons 1-7)

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine (seasons 1-7)

Star Trek: Voyager (seasons 1-7)

Star Trek: Enterprise (seasons 1-4)



plus all 11 films on 2 disc special editions



And the fan film ....



Star Trek: Of Gods and Men



After 15 years of pateintly waiting , I have finally done it!



WOOT!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment